Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pilots view of life

As a pilot I know that it is an amazing thing to get into the plane at one place and disembark at another . . . . . all the while getting a free view of the world around (Under Actually)!!!!!


The biggest observation I had was early in my aviation days, while looking down at the beautiful patchwork layout of fields stretching as far as my eyes could see:
"The patch work layout fields concealed a multitudes of problems, ego's, disagreements etc each truely insignificant in the larger picture. The perspective to life needs to be viewed from that level.... I am still trying but havent suceeded yet ;-)"   The operative phrase is that I am still trying and havent given up !!

4 comments:

Cashmere JL said...

I never forgot the thrill of getting my first view of the earth in a glider. Can thank NCC for that joy.

Keeping in touch with the big picture is difficult, especially when you are trying to explain to your three year old that his life's first school exam is starting on 5th Dec 08!

April's Oleander said...

people who see life from that level are more 'down-to-earth'.

Unknown said...

My first parajump..The moment when for the first time(after the fear recided,I looked down while still hanging from my chute..and then floating down..to the ground..Is the BESTEST moment of my life! Its beautiful up there..but cant remain there buddy..gotta keep feet on the ground. Common! Get real!

Star gazer said...

Haven't seen the world from that end of the jet plane. But can totally understand how frivolous human thoughts become when put in front of the Creation. There's no greater feeling than losing your identity for that little moment.